Quickly measure and calculate Movement Screens
This assessment is used to assess your range of motion throughout the shoulder area. This includes parts of your neck and upper back. The shoulder is a very complicated joint with a lot of moving parts. Stabilization through the joint should be addressed before dynamic movements are introduced into your exercise program.
Shoulder Mobility Protocol
The shoulder mobility movement pattern demonstrates the the synergy between scapular-thoracic region, spine, and rib cage. This screen evaluates bilateral shoulder range of motion; combining flexion, external rotation and abduction of the performing shoulder and extension, internal rotation and adduction in the other.
- Determine the client’s hand length by measuring the distance from the bottom of the wrist to the tip of the longest finger.
- Instruct him/her to stand with the their feet together and make a fist with both hands.
- Instruct the client to reach one fist behind their head and the other behind their back, with the goal of touching both fists together.
- Measure the distance between the two closest points of the client’s fists to determine reach.
- Perform test on each side 3 times and record best score.
- Impingement Clearing Test – Instruct the client to place their palm on their opposite shoulder and lift the elbow as high as possible.
Shoulder Mobility Calculation
|Shoulder Mobility (Final Score)