Quickly measure and calculate Movement Screens
This is an assessment of your total body, body weight, squatting movement pattern. Everything from your feet, to hips, to shoulders will be assessed in this movement pattern. This is widely considered to be a simplified version of the Overhead Squat Assessment which is published by NASM and also calculated by TrainerMetrics.
Deep Squat Protocol
The deep squat movement is a complex extremity mobility and core stability exercise that challenges full body mechanics and neuromuscular control. This test evaluates full body mobility and stability through the full movement of the exercise.
- Instruct the client to begin by positioning by feet shoulder width apart and straight in sagittal plane.
- Have the client rest the dowel on top of the head and adjust the hand position so that their elbows flex at a 90-degree angle and extend the dowel fully overhead.
- Instruct him/her to descend in a controlled manner into the deepest possible squat position, while keeping heels on the floor, the dowel extended overhead, and knees aligned over feet.
- The movement back to starting position should remain controlled with a symmetrical extension of the hips and knees.
- Perform test up to 3 times and record best score.
Deep Squat Calculation
|Deep Squat (Final Score)||-|