Bend and Lift
Quickly measure and calculate Bend and Lift Movement Assessment
This is an assessment of your squatting movement patterns. It will identify issues below the waist in your feet, ankles, and knees, as well as variations from one side to the other. Above the waist it will identify issues in the hips, spine, and head. Proper squat mechanics will decrease your chances of injury while you increase activity.
Bend and Lift Protocol
Detect observable muscular deviations related to overactive and underactive skeletal muscle.
(2) Dowels or 25 lbs dumbbells
Attach a piece of string to each chair at a height that when the subject is flexing a single leg at 70 degrees, the string is directly underneath their foot.
- Begin by instructing the participant to stand with feet shoulder width apart and arms at their waist in a neutral position.
- The dowels should be placed on the floor just to the outside and parallel with each their feet.
- Instruct the subject to hinge at the hip, and while keeping posture, squat towards the ground and grasp both dowels. Have the participant maintain position for a two-count before returning to a standing position in order to accurately observe each checkpoint.
- Repeat as many times in order to fully observe and record each checkpoint.
Bend and Lift Calculation